Professor Tadeusz Pietrucha the founder of CEBioForum began a pioneering mission of creating business partnerships with American investors. The Polish-American biotechnological bridge is to ensure a dynamic development of this sector in Poland. Americans have business know-how, and we, on the other hand, have good conditions for the development of modern technologies. Both parties will benefit from the cooperation. On November 16, for the first time the American edition of CEBioForum will take place in New York. During the meeting with representatives of American business and potential investors, experts will encourage starting operations in our country.
– Both parties will benefit from such cooperation. In Poland, the financial risk at the initial stage of project implementation is much lower – explains professor Tadeusz Pietrucha, the initiator and founder of the CEBioForum. – In practice, this means that if it fails, the costs are lower. In Poland, research and development activity is much cheaper, labor costs for such projects are also lower and the quality is the same. The Americans are leaders in introducing modern technologies to the market, they also have access to the global market – this is where Poles can benefit from. Representatives of the investment sector, healthcare and biotechnology industry have been invited to participate in CEBioForum in New York. In Poland, this international event has already had an 18-year tradition. This year the organizers: Bio- Tech Consulting and the 8B Team are taking the initiative beyond the borders of the European Union. CEBioForum in New York will be a crucial step for the development of the bio-tech industry in Poland. As a result, a Polish-American bridge of biotechnological cooperation will be created.
– One span of this bridge will be in the United States, and another in Poland. This will create a space for meetings in this area. Interested investors can come to Łódź for the next edition of CEBioForum in 2019. The next event, taking place in the USA in November next year, will be of a much bigger scale. We will trigger a snowball effect – says professor Tadeusz Pietrucha. Cooperation in this area will be beneficial for both sides and this is what the organizers want to communicate to the Americans. In our country there are good conditions for implementing startups and conducting research. Thanks to institutions such as the Polish Investment and Trade Agency or the National Centre for Research and Development, which support entrepreneurs and help to finance innovative projects, the business benefits of such cooperation will be significant for both parties. We are not politicians, who focus mostly on praising how wonderful it is here, but we represent companies who want to act. We will present the American business model that is based on the creation of innovative products. During this visit we will check how they see this, but I am convinced that the idea will be found appalling – he adds. Development of innovative enterprises and attracting foreign investors are among the basic assumptions of the Strategy for Responsible Development of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki. The Polish government has set itself the task of creating friendly conditions for the creation of new companies. All this gives hope for a positive effect of the meeting and encouraging American investors to start business in our country.
Will it be possible to convince American biobusiness to cooperate with Poland? Professor Tadeusz Pietrucha, a member of the National Development Council at the President of the Republic of Poland, the initiator of the scientific and business eventCEBioForum, which has been organized in Poland since 2000, has started a pioneering
mission to create a strategic technological bridge (Polish-American Biotech Bridge) with
American representatives of innovative biobusiness. CEBioForum organizers are striving to involve, among others, American scientists of Polish origin in the process of creating biotechnological start-ups. Interested partners from the USA can come to Łódź for the next edition of CEBioForum in 2019. The next event in the USA is also planned for November next year, but it will be organized on a larger scale.
– We will trigger the snowball effect – says professor Tadeusz Pietrucha. The Polish- American biotechnological cooperation is to be based on real mutual economic benefits for both sides.
– I do not yet believe in international successes of Polish science, but I do believe in Polish scientists – said professor Tadeusz Pietrucha, when speaking during one of the sessions of the 10th European Economic Congress in Katowice (EEC 2018, May 14 – 16 2018). This way professor answered the question whether we have a chance to create biological drugs in Polish scientific centers and to introduce these to the international market. On November 16 in New York, the American edition of CEBioForum will take place for the first time. During the meeting with the representatives of the American biobusiness, a business model will be presented, which is to convince them to start business in our country – say CEBioForum organizers during talks with the media.
– Both parties will benefit from the cooperation. In Poland we have a relatively modern infrastructure, qualified staff that can carry out start-up projects at an American pace with good management, the possibility of obtaining grants to co-finance the most risky, initial stages of the development of an innovative biotechnological project – explains professor Tadeusz Pietrucha. As he adds, in Poland it is cheaper to conduct research and development operations. This is also due, for example, to lower labor costs with comparable quality.
– We are not politicians, who go there to praise how wonderful it is here, but we represent companies who want to act internationally as equals and to use language that is understood in business – says professor Pietrucha.
He points out that: – We will present the Americans with a business model in which we already see, and they should see mutual synergy, use of existing opportunities giving joint ventures a market advantage and lowering the risk threshold. The development of innovative enterprises and attracting foreign investors is one of the basic assumptions of the Strategy for Responsible Development of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki. The Polish government has set itself the task of creating friendly conditions for the creation of new companies. All this gives a very favorable climate and hopes for a positive outcome of the meeting and, as a result, the launch of Polish-American biotechnological projects in our country.
The Americans are leaders in launching new, innovative biotechnological products on the market, they also have access to the global market. According to professor Pietrucha, using their knowledge, contacts and experience in this area will significantly accelerate the development of this sector in Poland. First of all, it may contribute to a dynamic increase in the number of innovative biotechnological start-ups created in Poland.